Welcome to Vancouver Island University’s Dental Clinic
Do you need your teeth cleaned?
Our students in both the dental assistant and dental hygiene programs can assist you in providing cost-effective dental care for your entire family.
We are a teaching clinic. All treatment is provided by dental students who are supervised by licensed faculty and dentists.
- Head and neck examination (cancer screening)
- Oral health assessment, individualized care planning
- Radiographs (x-rays)
- Education on how to prevent gum disease and cavities
- Education on how to brush, clean between your teeth, and the best products to use in your mouth
- Removal of tartar, plaque, and stain (scaling, root planning, deep cleaning)
- Tooth polishing
- Fluoride application
- Preventive sealants (pit and fissure sealants)
- Treatment of tooth sensitivity
- Sports mouthguards
- Nutritional analysis
- Pain control (local anesthetic injections)
Please note: Our Dental Clinic strives to provide the best care for you. However, there are some services that our students cannot provide such as fillings, extractions or dentures. You may need to see a private dental office for these services.