Welcome to our Health & Human Services Faculty page. For information regarding our faculty, please Contact Us.
In Health and Human Services at Vancouver Island University we foster student success. We develop and maintain relevant, responsive, and stimulating learning opportunities that are community-based, globally and locally, and offered in a visionary, interprofessional environment that is conducive to learning and promotes health and wellness for all.
We believe that learning is a lifelong endeavour, and we can work together with individuals and communities to co-create a positive, relational environment that promotes a sense of belonging, personal and collaborative participation, a sense of community, and enhanced well-being. We believe our work should be based on clear communication and open dialogue, evidence-based practice and research, and on joy and passion.
- Lifelong learning “as a way of being.”
- Being part of the community.
- Community partnerships.
- Equity and Diversity.
- Interprofessional teaching, learning, and practice.
- A positive working, teaching, and learning environment.
- The pursuit of new knowledge.
- Community partnerships. Collegiality.
- Collaboration. Innovation.
- We value quality of work life, recruitment of new and retention of current faculty, staff, and students.
- We value “the tried and true” as well as the new.